Depending on the size and type of vacancies that arise, all eligible applicants will be considered, having taken account of all relevant factors. The most suitable applicant is offered the accommodation based on family size, age, health and the potential impact on the existing tenant mix and child ratio within a particular block. Should there be equality on all contributing factors, the date that the applicant was first interviewed decides the issue.
Change of Circumstances
Applicants must notify The Iveagh Trust of any change in their circumstances, for example:
- A change of address, for themselves or any other person on the application
- Any additions to the family or any other person joining the application
- Any member of the family or any other person on the application who has left the accommodation
- Any change in income or savings
The decision on applications may be temporarily suspended while The Iveagh Trust re-assesses the information provided by the applicant and completes any further enquiries that may be necessary.
A person’s application will be cancelled if:
- They fail to provide documentary evidence or other information reasonably required in order to validate the application.
- They refuse one offer of suitable accommodation
- They make a false application or withhold information which has been reasonably requested
Size of Accommodation
The size of accommodation for which each applicant will be considered will depend upon the size and composition of the applicant’s household. The requirements for each size of household are as follows:
- Single person
Bed-sit or 1 bed small
- Single + 1
2 bed small
- Single + 2
2 bed small/large or
3 bed if the children are opposite sexes and one child is aged over 7 years
1 bed large
- Couple + 1
2 bed small or 2 bed large
- Couple + 2
2 bed large or
3 bed if the children are opposite sexes and one child is over the age of 7 years
- Couple + 3
One Offer Only Policy
Due to the high demand for housing The Iveagh Trust will make one offer only of accommodation to housing applicants. All accommodation offered will be in reasonable repair, fit for letting and suitable to the applicant’s housing need.