The Iveagh Hostel is the largest hostel for homeless men in Ireland, with 195 single rooms, and is still run with the same ethos today as when it was founded in 1905.
Staff are on hand 24 hours to give support and guidance, but also allow residents to live their own lives. The Iveagh Hostel is their home, for as long as they choose.
To check availability, call the hostel on 01 454 0182 or drop in.
- All residents have their own room.
- The current cost for accommodation and food plus facilities is €124.90 per week. Other rates apply for shorter stays.
- The Iveagh Hostel has an open door policy, and accepts both self referral and agency referral. The Hostel will accommodate both unemployed and working men and has no minimum or maximum length of stay.
- The Hostel is committed to the principal of equality of opportunity in the delivery of all its services and will seek to ensure that its allocations policy is being operated in a manner that is fair to all sections of the community regardless of nationality, ethnic origin, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- The hostel provides full board for its residents, serving 4 meals a day.
- Breakfast served 8am to 9am, Lunch 12pm to 12.30pm, Dinner 4.15pm to 5.15pm, Supper 8pm to 8.30pm.
- Residents have access to the Hostel and rooms 24 hrs a day.
Services & Facilities
The hostel is well equipped, offering residents a wide range of services & facilities. Each floor is laid out with lounges & kitchenettes, thereby building up small self-care units for the residents.
- Laundry – Residents have the use of laundry facilities, available from 2pm – 9pm week days, weekends 9am – 9pm. The service is free of charge but residents must provide their own washing powder.
- TV Rooms – TV Rooms & lounge areas are located on each floor.
- Games Room – Recreation facilities include a full size snooker table.
- Gym – The hostel gym has a range of up to date fitness equipment.
- Computer Room – Broadband internet & printing services are available.
Currently the Trust has a small number accommodation units in 2 of our city centre estates for residents from The Iveagh Hostel, who meet the criteria, to provide the opportunity to move on from the Hostel. The majority of these units comprise of a bed-sitting room, with a small kitchen area, and, across the landing the exclusive the use of their own private bathroom. All are fully furnished.
After 6 months in the Hostel, residents may apply to be put on a waiting list for one of these units. When a unit becomes available, the resident will be interviewed to check they meet the eligibility criteria and to inform them of their rights and responsibilities as a tenant of the Iveagh Trust.
After a minimum of one year, if there have been no tenancy issues or offers of alternative accommodation elsewhere, the Housing Officer will invite them to consider being included in the Trust’s own transfer list for allocation to a permanent tenancy.
The Trustees of the Iveagh Trust take the protection of your personal information very seriously. The Privacy Notice available at the link below is provided to clearly explain the various categories of personal information that are collected by the Iveagh Trust in order to provide you with accommodation at the Iveagh Hostel, and how the Trust protects and manages your personal data.Privacy Notice
Our complaints policy & procedure is available at the link below;How to make a complaint
01 454 0182
homeless #hostel #accommodation #dublin