Gene Clayton, our current Chief Executive is due to retire in May of next year, having taken up the position in 2005. The Board of Trustees are now seeking to recruit a new CEO to lead our next chapter – set to be only the Trust’s sixth since we welcomed our first tenants over 120 years ago.
The Iveagh Trust is a unique organisation, meeting the housing needs of homeless people, families and older people across the Dublin area for over 125 years.
Our contribution to providing high quality social housing is as relevant today as when we were founded in 1890. Our culture and heritage provide the platform to do even more, guided by values born out of individual stories of success. Our purpose is clear and the resources are in place to grow our operations in a way that supports changing societal needs.
Our new CEO will lead our next chapter, which will be as transformational as our legacy. An inspiring leader, you will have a strong track record in housing or a related sector, with an astute understanding of continually improving operational performance and regulatory compliance, while expanding a social business. You will have first rate communication, negotiation and people skills.
If you can bring the leadership, drive and energy to achieve positive social and tenant engagement outcomes, we want to hear from you.
For an informal discussion and further information about this role, please contact Mark Glinwood on +44 (0)7944 411 484 or +44 (0)20 3434 0990.
Closing date for applications: Monday 1 October @ 12 noon.
Responsible to: Chair and Board
Responsible for: All Employees of the Trust
- To be responsible to the Board for the effective leadership, vision and strategic direction of the organisation.
- To hold executive responsibility for all day to day operations, ensuring that excellent customer services are delivered that meet best practice standards and regulatory expectations.
- To grow the organisation whilst improving quality of outcomes in all streams of housing provision.
- To lead, manage and develop the Management Team effectively to deliver the corporate aims and objectives.
- To provide inspiration, direction and leadership to staff – ensuring high levels of engagement, and quality of performance.
- To maximise business opportunities to promote growth – being creative whilst maintaining a strong focus on management of risks.
- To act as the principal adviser to the Board, providing timely professional advice to the Board to ensure it can formulate policy, determine strategies and set appropriate targets.
- To develop and maintain effective systems for monitoring the performance of the Trust.
- To keep the Board properly informed about the overall performance of the Trust.
- To ensure that financial viability is maintained, and all legal, probity and scrutiny requirements are met in respect of financial and regulatory obligations.
- Through the Management Team, to initiate and oversee the formulation and achievement of Annual Budget and Business Plan goals.
- Actively to promote the Trust as a provider of high quality diverse housing services, influencing local and national debate.
- To build and maintain appropriate partnerships and external stakeholder relationships – business, regulatory and political.
- To promote the values of the Trust and demonstrate the highest level of commitment to community, diversity and equality of opportunity in the ways in which the Trust conducts all aspects of its business.
- To support and ensure that all aspects of the governance structure are appropriately furnished with specialist advice and resource to fulfil their statutory/regulatory duties.
- To establish, maintain and embed throughout the Trust a risk and compliance framework that protects and mitigates threats within the level of risk appetite set by the Board.
- To develop and support an organisational culture that supports a values-based work environment and one that reinforces the Trust’s heritage in a changing environment.
- Educated to degree level; or
- Relevant professional qualification.
- A track record of achievement gained in either a housing organisation or social purpose organisation that has strong interaction with housing-based services.
- Proven success at a strategic leadership level.
- A strong track record of leading, engaging and motivating teams through change.
- Successful track record of innovation and generating opportunities.
- Experience of financial management and risk appraisal.
- Experience of assessing and managing risk.
- Experience of housing management and maintenance.
- Experience of housing development, funding and risk appraisal.
- Experience of working closely with and reporting to a Board.
- Evidence of leading with success in a regulated environment.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to articulate a clear vision for the organisation and establish a high-performance culture.
- Proven leadership and motivational skills, with the ability to take others with you.
- Strategic thinker, with an eye on the future.
- Strong skills in understanding and analysing financial and business-related information.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage effectively with people at all levels, internally and externally.
- External focus, with the proven ability to build networks, and work in partnership with others.
- Strong focus on quality service delivery to users of a diverse range of service offerings.
- Commitment to equality and diversity
- Understanding and empathy with the Trust’s heritage, aims and values
- Closing date: Monday 1st October at 12 noon
- First interviews: Wednesday 10th October 2018
- Final interviews: Wednesday 24th October 2018 (there may be an additional requirement to be available on the
afternoon of the 23rd October 2018 – see below)
Shortlisted candidates may be required to make a presentation to Board members on the afternoon of the 23rd October 2018 over and above attendance at the final interview process on 24th October 2018. If you are unable to attend on any of the identified dates for interview, please do speak to Campbell Tickell before making an application.
For full details and a recruitment pack, please go to: Campbell Tickell